The Free cardio check-up camp conducted by Dr.M.S.Acharya Memorial Trust in association with Lions Club of Tarnaka on 20th July 2013, had a very good response with 50+ patients taking benefit of it. This camp was conducted by Dr.Prabhat K Hebbar, at Guru Nanak Medical center in Secunderabad. Though our initial plan was to conduct the camp from 9:00AM to 1:00PM only, with the overwhelming response we received, we had to revise the timing a week before to 9:00AM to 4:00PM and eventually the camp ended at 6:30PM on Saturday.
The camp started at sharp 9:00AM with Smt. Indira P Bhat Lighting the lamp and inaugurating the camp in presence of Secretary Sri. Ananthkrishna, Joint Secretary Sri. Ramesh.V.Bhat, President Ln. RadhaKrishna and Treasurer & Member of MSAMT Ln. B.R.Rao. Some of the highlights of the camp:
Ø We received a total of 57 registrations for appointments prior to the camp. 8 were received online in our website, 3 by e-mails, 7 by phone and 39 by direct registration at the medical center.
Ø Prior appointments were given to all patients who had registered before to avoid any waiting time at the camp.
Ø A total of 53 patients were consulted by Dr.Prabhat K Hebbar who was seeing patients continuously back to back without any break.
Ø We had patients from different backgrounds.
o Visited to get a second opinion on the treatment they were undergoing and seeing no improvement.
o Patients who felt they had a problem but couldn’t afford visiting a cardiologist.
o Preventive check-up
Ø Free ECG was done for all the patients who had visited.
Ø 4 Thread Mill Tests were conducted based on the Doctor’s prescription.
Ø 3 Patients who had earlier suffered Heart attack were not aware that they had an attack. They were suitably counseled by Dr. Prabhat.
Ø The camp identified one patient who has a blockage in her left artery and this was the first time she got to know about it. The Trust is working with her closely and assists her financially to get her further diagnosis and treatment done.
Patient feedback had been excellent for the kind of consultancy Dr.Prabhat provided. They were extremely satisfied and have taken contact details to keep in touch with him for follow-up consultancy.
Our sincere thanks go to quite a lot of people without whom the camp couldn’t be successful. To name a few we have:
1. Dr. Prabhat K Hebbar for initiating this camp and reaching out to us to help organize it for him. He is in India on a short vacation and managed to pull a few hours to serve the society in spite of his busy schedule.
2. Sangeetha K Hebbar for providing paramedical assistance to patients and personally assisting them with filling up the patient information form.
3. Mr. R.S.Saluja, Dr. Joginder Singh , Management & Staff of Guru Nanak Medical center, Secunderabad for providing us with the location, equipment, staff, Tea, Coffee & Biscuits and all the support & help before, during and after the camp.
4. Ln. B.R.Rao, Ln Radhakrishna and all members of Lions Club of Tarnaka for their help with identifying the location and conducting the camp.
5. P.B.Bhat, Vivek Hebbar & Shashikala Hebbar fortheir coordination efforts to help conduct the camp.
6. Our volunteers Prasanna Subba Rao, Gaurav Bhat, Kiran and Srinivas.
Photos of the event have been uploaded on our website www.DrMSAcharyaTrust.org.